The Dodge challenger is a Sedan coupe manufactured by the giant American automaker Chrysler Corporation. It is a tough sport car, with a classic body style exhibiting modern appearance. Larger than rivals; the Ford Mustang, Chevrolet Camaro, Jaguar F-Type or the Mercedes-Benz AMG GT Sport, the Dodge Challenger is a model car offering both comfort and is quiet stunning, with great assurance in various aspects. With its slimmer horizontal front grille, the new challenger came out this year with very few changes, but the important aspect is the aggressive widebody versions for the upper level trim. Talking about trims, the Dodge Challenger is offered in about 7 trim levels which are; SXT, GT, R/T, Scat Pack 392, Scat Pack 392 Widebody, SRT Hellcat Redeye, and SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody. We will surely make a review on the various interesting facts about the Challenger.
Dodge Challenger 2021 overall appearance
The dodge Challenger 2021 has an exceptional look, with a heritage design recalling the old year models. It uses the classic configuration of front engine and rear drive and has a shaker hood and cool air intake, it is equipped with a sleek white-faced gauges. It has a beautiful body with an illuminated air catcher headlamp and offered various stripe, probably the bee stripe at the back in the Scat Pack, the blacktop stripe given an interesting appearance to the SXT model or the Dual Stripe available on all SRT. A particular aspect found in probably all the Dodge challenger model is the Hood on the top in various model according to the trim; from the dual-snorkel hood in the SRT, to the shaker hood in the R/T Scat Pack, and finally the single satin-black hood on the top of the T/A and T/A 392 packages.
Dodge Challenger 2021 what about the trim level?
The choice of a vehicle model depends on the specifications of the trim level which satisfied efficiently the need of the owner. As such you will have;
- The Challenger SXT; it is the base trim with an average score in terms of reliability. It is equipped with a 3.5 liter V6 engine that pushes a 305 horsepower and about 285lb-ft of Torque. The top speed of this model is limited at 152mph and about 165mph without limiter. The basic price of the SXT is $35,295. A particularity of the SXT is the hood showing up duty with twin flaring nostril coming from the fog light buckets.
- The GT; with a fully-loaded, the challenger Grand Touring comes with Alcantara suede and leather seats which is quite comfortable, especially with a spacious back seat. The GT has apparently the same engine specifications find in the SXT model. But the GT seems to have an 8-speed automatic transmission and exhibits a top speed of 203mph. The GT level trim has a muscular body, is performance oriented and is bestowed with a year drivability in colder climates.
- The R/T; with a 5.7liter hemi V8 engine, releasing about 375 horsepower and 410lb-ft of Torque, it is considered to be least good than that of the Dodge Challenger SRT. The R/T model can reach a top speed of 155mph which could be said to be less than that of the above trim models. The price of the Challenger R/T is between $49,185 to $58,995 which is not that affordable, compare to the above trim models.
- The Scat Pack 392 and Scat Pack 392 Widebody; the former has a starting price of about $49,185 while that of the latter is $50,585. Both cars have the 392 Hemi V8 engine that produces 485 horsepower and 475lb-ft of Torque. The Scat Pack can run up to 60mph in 4.3seconds and top out a speed at an electronically limited 175mph.
- The SRT Hellcat Redeye, and SRT Hellcat; both are equipped with 6.2liter V6 engine pumping about 797horsepower and 707 lb-ft of Torque. That is a whopping top speed of about 203 mph, it has a superior quality interior design, really luxury for a model of this type. The SRT Hellcat Redeye has a boost from 2.4liter to 2.7 liter over the regular Hellcat a fact that boosts pressure from 11.6 pounds per square inch to 14.5psi in the Redeye. It is a detail that really makes the difference. The Redeye is known to be faster than the Hellcat with a 11.25seconds at 123mph.
Source : https://www.dodge.com/